Traditionally, mouth rinses have been classified as either first or second generation antimicrobials. Most currently available mouth rinses are classified as first generation, meaning they kill microorganisms upon contact but do not have the ability to maintain antimicrobial action after use. Second generation mouth rinses are able to control microbial populations beyond the 30 minute to one hour antimicrobial window of first generation mouth rinses.
PREVENTION TM mouth rinse is considered a third generation antimicrobial. In addition to killing oral pathogens upon contact, active ingredients in Prevention mouth rinse bind with glycoproteins and microorganisms in plaque. Subsequently, the active components are released slowly, enabling Prevention to work over an extended period of time. In addition, Prevention elicits physiological changes to dental pathogens rendering plaque essentially benign (i.e., no longer causing disease).
PREVENTION TM has undergone extensive research regarding the safety and efficacy of Prevention Mouth Rinse. Studies were conducted through accredited research institutions including: the University of Louisville, the University of Iowa, and the University of South Carolina. Additional studies are being coordinated with researchers at Southern Illinois University.
Studies confirm that Prevention mouth rinse is a potent antimicrobial that rapidly kills and/or inhibits the growth of oral pathogens including:
• S. mutans and A. actinomycetemcomitans – the primary microorganisms linked to dental cavities.
• B. gingivitis, P. gingivalis, and F. nucleatum – anaerobic bacteria associated with periodontal disease.
• Candida albicans -yeast associated with oral infections including thrush and denture stomatitis.
In addition, Prevention mouth rinse exhibits substantivity and continues to be effective 8+ hours after use.
- NO DYES
- HELPS CONTROL PLAQUE AND GINGIVITIS
- EFFECTIVELY KILLS BACTERIA
- LONG LASTING ZINC/HYDROGEN PEROXIDE FORMULA THAT’S SAFE FOR ALL AGES
- HELPS SOOTHE CANKER AND COLD SORES