A complete guide to the entire field of respiratory medicine–with all-new content and a streamlined new design
A Doody’s Core Title for 2011!
First published in 1980, Fishman’s Pulmonary Diseases and Disorders is the classic reference through which pulmonary physicians have gained a commanding look at the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary diseases and disorders. Edited by the world’s foremost authorities, Fishman’s Pulmonary Diseases and Disorders covers exactly what you need to know about lung diseases and their management, including sleep-disordered breathing, COPD, emphysema, and lung cancer, as well as new technological advances and imaging techniques.
This unparalleled two-volume resource begins with a compelling overview of up-to-date clinical perspectives, along with the scientific basis of lung function in health and disease. It then provides turnkey information on everything from respiratory disease signs and symptoms, to obstructive lung diseases, occupational and environmental disorders, and specific respiratory conditions such as infectious diseases of the lungs and acute respiratory failure.
New to the Fourth Edition:
- Information on recent advancements in many clinically relevant areas of pulmonary medicine
- Update to the infectious diseases chapters that reflect current practice guidelines and recent antimicrobial developments
- Clearer connection between fundamental science concepts and clinical applications, which reflect current scientific research
- Latest information on sleep disorders
- Review of recent recommendations of the American Thoracic Society and European Respiratory Society for the accurate interpretation of pulmonary function tests
- Appendices that include a respiratory questionnaire, normal values, and commonly used terms & symbols